Integrating CA Continuous Delivery Director
The Flowdock plug-in supports the core Flowdock REST API. For more information, see the Flowdock REST API documentation here.
The Flowdock plug-in lets you send messages to a designated flow.
CA Continuous Delivery Director and Flowdock use OAuth 2.0 for authentication. To set up OAuth, you first register a new app with the Flowdock service. When you register the new app, you provide the application name and an OAuth Redirect URI.
- In CA Continuous Delivery Director, register the plug-in as described in Manage Plug-ins.
- Go to https://www.flowdock.com/oauth/applications
- The New application form opens.
- Note: The only mandatory fields are Name and OAuth Redirect URI.
- In Name, enter the application name to be used to post messages.
- In Value enter an alphanumeric string, up to a maximum of 16 characters.
- Example: CDD2FlowApp
- In OAuth Redirect URI, enter a URL to redirect back to.
- For testing purposes, use: urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob
- Click save.
- The landing page for the app created will open
- In the Create a new source section, select a flow and generate a source token.
- Important: Copy the source token and store it in a safe location. This token is the flow token that you need to create the endpoint. You cannot generate the source token again.
- Create an endpoint as described in Manage Plug-ins.
For plug-in registration, use http://<plugin-hostname>:<port>/cdd-flowdock-plugin/manifest.json
- Url: Specifies the URL to connect to the Flowdock REST API
- Value: https://api.flowdock.com
- Flow Token: Specifies the source token of the flow where you want the notifications to go
To check the connection to Flowdock, use the endpoint Test Connection option.
The Flowdock plug-in provides the following task:
- Post Message
The task lets you send a free-text message to a flow. This task requires the following information:
- Message: Specifies the text to send to the flow inbox.
- For more information, see: https://www.flowdock.com/api/messages