GitLab is a self-hosted git version control management system, similar to GitHub. You can integrate it with CA Flowdock to receive notifications about commits. These instructions work for both the self-hosted version and GitLab Cloud. Here's how to integrate:
Select a flow below to create a Git source for the GitLab integration.
- Log in to GitLab and open the settings of the project you want to integrate with your flow.
- From the menu on the upper part of the screen select “Integrations”.
- From the “Project Services” available find and select “Flowdock”.
- Enter the token you received from the first step. Make sure the Active checkbox is checked.*
- Save your settings. You should now receive messages in your team inbox from GitLab.
If you run into any problems, visit our community page for support.
*PLEASE NOTE: There is a limitation with GitLab Integrations that you will need to work around to setup successfully. Specifically:
- If there are zero commits in the project, then you will encounter a GitLab error that will prevent you from saving your token.
- Similarly if there are 1-2 commits in the project, then you will receive a different error. You can proceed by selecting “save anyway”.
- So long as you have a minimum of 3 commits in the project, your integration setup should proceed successfully.