The search box allows you to search and filter all of your flow's content, including chat messages, uploaded files, emails and other team inbox items. Search results appear in the team inbox.
CA Flowdock currently supports searching either by tags or full-text search. When searching with multiple tags, the result will only show items that have all of the tags.
You can also use the search field to filter the contents of the team inbox. Click on the search icon, and select the type of content that you would like to see. Once a filter is enabled, you can narrow down the content with a tag search.
Tagging chat messages, conversations or team inbox items help you find them later on.
There are two ways of tagging messages:
- Any word starting with the "#" character will be automatically used to tag the message in chat messages, comments or even email subjects. Messages can also be tagged with a @user-tag to notify and highlight the message for the tagged user.
- Almost anything, including chat messages, can be tagged by clicking the tag icon in the top right corner of the message. Tags can also be removed.
All users can edit the tags of any message. If you notice something important that hasn't been tagged, you can tag the message – even if you didn't send it yourself. This way, the whole team can collaborate on keeping the discussion in the flow more organized.
Each flow or team usually comes up with their own tagging practices. However, to get you going, here are some simple examples to give you an idea of how you can use tags:
- Buy more coffee #todo #shoppinglist
- http://www.flowdock.com #collaboration
- The main navigation links don't work on #ie10 #bug #production
- Could @everyone verify their attendance to the monthly meeting #todo
Note that the last example with the special @everyone tag is highlighted for all users in a flow.